CryoStem Freezing Medium is a ready-to-use solution for the serum-free, animal component-free cryopreservation of human embryonic stem (ES) cells and induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells. Cells preserved with CryoStem Freezing Medium show high viability and recovery after thawing, and express typical pluripotent markers in culture. CryoStem Freezing Medium maintains xeno-free conditions during cryopreservation when culturing cells in a xeno-free environment. CryoStem Freezing Medium has been tested on human ES cells (H1, H9 and HuES9). Superior results were obtained in comparison with both serum-containing freezing media as well as competing serum-free products.
CryoStem contains methylcellulose and DMSO in place of serum. The culture of cells in animal component-free medium eliminates the risks associated with animal sera and serum-derived products.
- Chemically defined, Animal component-free (ACF), Protein-free
- Works with various media
- Suitable for freezing hESC and hiPSC cultured in both feeder and feeder-free conditions
- High recovery efficiency: maintains excellent attachment ability as well as growth performance
- Maintains hESC and hiPSC pluripotency
- Complete formulation; Ready-to-use at 2-8°C
- Availability: In Stock
- Model 05-710-1E
- Weight: 0.00kg